Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MASTERCAM SOFTWARE: Looking for Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanibel

Mechanical
Sep 19, 2001
US
Considering changing over from Smartcam to Mastercam and looking for current users of Mastercam. Problems with this program? Big advantages with this program?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I cannot comment on Mastercam, but suggest you might want to take a look at Camworks. I have recently purchased the product and am very pleased with the results so far.

The major advantage of Camworks is its ability to recognize features in your 3D modal and apply past used machining method to the part.

If you have any common features in your parts it should save you many hours of programming time, yet still allowing you full control.

Regards

Kevin
kevin@ketd.co.uk

We use MasterCAM here and think it's great. We weren't impressed with SmartCAM. We trialled about 20 different cam programs, and went with masterCAM because it's simple to use, powerful, and was the only program on offer that could manage to actually model the parts we make here! (Compressor and Turbine blades for jet engines.)

quisiera saber si hay en el mercado un programa de diseño mecanico en la cual brinde propiedades fisicas descompocicion de fuersas resistencia de materiales etc, ya que en peru el mercado de software de ingenieria esta muy atrazado y los pocos que hay son demasiado caros. grasias

I use Mastercam with a Thermwood to do 5 axis work on mold making and after years of doing G-code by hand - using things like Bobcad and having programmed Tsugami Panther and 32's using my own programming (Excell) I vote on mastercam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back