Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mate limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabioedl

Electrical
Sep 17, 2003
US
Hi all,

I have another question about mates. Is it possible to create mate limits in an angle? I have a shaft that turns in a coupling sleeve. This sleeve has a slot where the shaft pin slides. This slot limits the movement in 90 degrees. Any idea?

Thanks again,

Fabio Pereira

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not yet - only linear.
The only way I think you can kinda do this is to mate everything as you would normally and use collision detection to stop the pin on a move drag. If you also have a couple of configurations with the pin mated at either end of the slot (and maybe one in the middle) it usually works for most purposes. We do something similar with a mechanism design tool.

John Richards Sr. Mech. Engr.
Rockwell Collins Flight Dynamics

A hobbit's lifestyle sounds rather pleasant...... it's the hairy feet that turn me off.

I lied....... If you look in the What's New Manual (its under the Help menu) you will find that SW2004 dose angle limit mates. That should fix you problem.

John Richards Sr. Mech. Engr.
Rockwell Collins Flight Dynamics

A hobbit's lifestyle sounds rather pleasant...... it's the hairy feet that turn me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back