Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Material data @ elevated temperatur, ASTM A694 F65 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandsli

Mechanical
Jul 1, 2008
NO
I'm looking for more info regaring ASTM A694 F65 at elevated temperature. This material is not, as far as I can see, listed in the ASME BVP code. I need to know how the yield & tensile properties change with temperature. Does anyone know?
(I suspect the ASTM standard not showing these values:

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sandsli:
Try this approach. Go to ASME B31.3 and in Appendix A look for API 5L Grade X65. Here you will find allowable stress values as a function of service temperature that will give an approximate correlation with the A 694 F65 material.

You will not have actual tensile ultimate and yield values reported but you will have something better, allowable stress values that provide the same correlation as a function of service temperature.

This material is not intended for high temp use. It is intended for use with X65 piping systems, primarily for gas and oil pipelines, gathering systems, etc. Refer to metengr's response.

Metengr (& Stanweld),

Thank you for replying.
B31.3 is listing the X65 material with values up to 400ºF, which is more than enough for me. This material shows the tendency for allowable stress at increasing temperature.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back