Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Material properties non-linear 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relevart

Military
Feb 22, 2006
US
Folks,
Can anybody help? I am trying to explore behavior different materials (metals) beyond elastic deformation at various temperatures.
I used to have Instron machine with a tech in the test lab few years back, but now I don't have a lab :-( and have to search for data, which turns out takes more time than set up prep, solution and had it run all together together. Were do you folks go for non linear properties of materials, other then Matweb, metals and plastic as well as rubber?
Thanks for any help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is a materials forum...you may want to try it for such a diverse group of materials. For metals, there is Mil-Handbook-15 as well as ASM International produces a handbook. For plastics, depending on which kind of plastic (thermoset, thermoplastic, etc.) Mil-Handbook-17 may give you some information...I'm sure there are other references. For rubber...good luck! Hyper-elastic materials information is hard to come by from what I can tell.

Mil-Handbook-5 (now MMPDS) for metals has stress-strain curves. Search the Aircraft Engineering forum for links on where to find a copy. Mil-Handbook-17 (composite materials) doesn't have any stress-strain curve data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back