Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Material Selection . 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2012
MY
How and where can I get these information ?

3) MATERIAL SELECTION

 Understanding of various types of materials to be used for different services (Wet CO2 service, sour

service, low‐temperature service, toxic service, etc) and knowledge of material available in the market

for the particular service and equipment, and review of Vendor proposes material.

 Understanding of materials grades to be used based on process’s input / material selection report /

corrosion study, and provide feedback if necessary, in‐case of the material selected are in questions.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The original (or maybe edited?) link above used by the OP points to a Tutorial presented at the Third Middle East Turbomachinery Symposium back in Feb 2015 entitled "Materials Selection and Development for Centrifugal Compressors Operating in Extreme Sour and Acid Gas Service". The authors are (or at least were, at the time of the symposium) associated with a well-known equipment and systems OEM (who, for obvious reasons, shall remain nameless within this forum). It would appear to me that the OP is looking for how to find the information listed to meet a job posting.

Converting energy to motion for more than half a century

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back