Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

material sensitivity study

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoflight

Aerospace
Feb 19, 2007
Hello,

How do i do a sensitivity study on composite material properties on a model I have made using CAE. I want to change the material properties and see how it changes the deflections/stresses. I tried to search in this forum but the search option is not very helpful..
searched manuals too. i am not sure what i am looking for is parametric study? do i need to do scripting to do this? is there any direct option in CAE?

please help. I am new to ABAQUS.
thanks.
neo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

neoflight,
You are right you need to do a parametric study. This can not be done within CAE. But you can build your model within CAE and write an input file. Once you have an input file, you can modify it to include the parameters. You will have to write a psf (python script file) to define the design space in terms of parameters. Then you will run the script file and it will change the parameters and run the analysis. It will also write the selected results for each design point to a table.

For details look up parametric studuies in help files.

Gurmeet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back