Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Material Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmendler

Structural
Jan 30, 2003
US
I'm looking for a material specs book which includes a list of all ASTM metals and their Fy, Fu, etc. Does anyone here have any direction to send me in??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ASTM sells their specifications in books that cover certain types of applications, such as Section one of Iron and Steel products, Volume 01.01 Steel- Piping, Tubing, Fittings, or Volume 01.02 Ferrous Castings: Ferroalloys. A whole set is quite pricey though.

There is no such book. The best that you can do is look for handbooks & references that provide these properties for relevant alloys, including those covered by ASTM standards. The following are potential resources to review:

ASTM DS67A Handbook of Comparative World Steel Standards: Second Edition

*NOTE* The first edition of this book was absolutely terrible-- probably the worst handbook I have ever seen. This new edition is completely revised, so it may have what you need as far as steel alloys are concerned.

ASM HANDBOOK Volume 1 Properties and Selection: Irons, Steels, and High-Performance Alloys

ASM HANDBOOK Volume 2 Properties and Selection: Nonferrous Alloys and Special-Purpose Materials

The ASM HANDBOOKS and many other references for property data can be obtained directly from ASM International. The following link is for the ASM Bookstore section on Property Data:

The Matweb website also has a great deal of information available on properties. Use the following link for more information:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back