Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Material Z245.1 Grade 3592 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

green1959

Chemical
Mar 11, 2004
GB
We are a company based in the UK and one of our Canadian clients has requested one of our products in Material Z245.1 Grade 3592.
We dont recognise this at all.
We have "googled" it and still not found anything positive.
Could someone please tell us something about this material.
What basic is it? (CS? StSt?)
Nominal composition?
Nearest ASTM equivalent?... would be excellent.
Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It would be helpful if you could give some more details regarding application and product details.

My google search tells me that it is probably a AFNOR grade tool steel. However, I am continuing with my google search and hope to come back with better response.

Save water Drink Beer

Thanks arunmao.
Our client has asked us to design and manufacture an Ejector (also known as an Eductor, or Jet Pump or Venturi or Jet Compressor), using this material for an onshore oil and gas facility in Canada.

The website page

reports on the following document

Z245.1-07 PDF

The following note is found there:

"Preface

This is the eighth edition of CSA Z245.1, Steel pipe. It supersedes the previous editions published in 2002, 1998, 1995, 1993, 1990, 1986, and 1982.

This Standard covers the requirements for steel pipe intended to be used for transporting fluids as specified in CSA Z662, Oil and gas pipeline systems.

1 Scope

1.1 General
This Standard covers seamless pipe, electric-welded pipe (flash-welded pipe and low-frequency electric-welded pipe excluded) and submerged-arc-welded pipe primarily intended for use in oil or gas pipeline systems.

Notes:
(1) Flash-welded pipe is pipe manufactured by a process using electric-resistance heating to produce a simultaneous coalescence over the entire area of the abutting edges and the application of pressure for joining.
(2) Low frequency is less than 1 kHz."

This standard is offered there for purchase.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back