Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MateXpert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well since Phil pulled this post out of the dust I'll say that I too want to find this misspelled post. I have some engineers here that just hate this feature of SW autoflipping mates, it would be nice if you had the option to accept the flip, or turn the feature on and off.

SW/PDM 06 5.1/5.0 x64

I hate it too. No way to turn it off that I know of. (For me) It's usually ok when creating a mate, but it can have horrible results when editing a mate.

If you find the switch, please post it.
ken

Yep, after asking this question I realized that I just decline it every time. The problem is I have coworkers that violently hate extraneous windows that force you to click through them... Wait till 08 I guess.

SW/PDM 07 SP4
XP x64
Quadro FX 4600

I never noticed the
SW askes permission to "force" mates
question...just that it screws up all the other existing mates on the component just to avoid one error, and of course the Undo doesn't work. So I've found it easiest to close SW and lose any work since the last save...easier than trying to correct that mate error, because it only leads to further MateXpert miscalculations...which leads to further head pounding and [hairpull3] (with what I have left).

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back