Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MathCAD Analysis in PDMlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico916

Mechanical
Mar 4, 2015
nl
Hi everyone,

I am currently using Creo element/pro 5, and I have to make a MathCAD analysis to fill a MathCAD sheet. I managed to do this part.
So far, when I save my Creo, it creates a copy of the MathCAD file in my working directory on purpose to work with/on it. Also i work with PDMLink (WindChill 9.1)
My problem is the following one:
I work via PDM link and I would like to import files on the server.When I do the analysis and I save it, the copied MathCAD file is not considered by PDMLink as a MathCAD File, but as an incomplete CAO file...
I tried to embed the MathCAD file into the Creo file but didn't succeed. I also try to do the same on PDMLink but I am not very familiar with this software.
If anyone has any idea to solve this, please let me know. [smile]

I don't know if I post this on the right forum, tell me if I have to move it to an other section.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Put the MathCad file in to PDMLink as a general document file. This will retain the file and allow others to view it.
Newer versions of PDMLink should have MathCad file extensions.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Thank for your answer looslib,

I already did that but it doesn't help my case. What I need is to create a valid mathCAD file in my creo workspace. When I try to bring the mathcad file in my PDMlink/creo workspace, it doesn't work because it is no a CAO file.
So my question is more is it possible to import or create a mathCAD file in my PDMlink/creo workspace and to keep it considered by PDMlink as a mathCAD file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back