Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Matlab and Simulink Flight Simulator Attitude Indicators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justraja13

Aerospace
Apr 11, 2012
GB
Hey everyone

I'm working on a flight simulator at the moment within Matlab. I've hooked it up to a joystick and i have great control of yaw, roll, pitch, VTOL, thrust reversers and more! One nice little feature I have made in an m-file is an altitude and speed indicator. These indicators are basically two plots of an outer circle and inner circle and then a dial inside pointing to a value.

The idea is as the aircraft flies, the dial changes indicating speed.

However, I can't quite figure out how to implement this in real time within simulink. I can't use X-Y plots as I require more than one plot on the figure. The needle needs to move simultaneously (or at least with as little delay as possible) with the simulation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not really sure I have the whole picture. Are going to try and view captured data in your sim, (flight data recorder files, or trajectory data) or are you displaying simulated aircraft performance? Either way you probably need to account for 4 dimensions, X, Y, Z and time.

Once you have determined the airspeed your modeled aircraft is traveling, and relative wind, you will be able to claculate ground speed.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; experience suggests that in practice, there is.

Perhaps you should look at what's available on the Mathworks site

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back