Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Matlab Instrument Control Toolbox (UDP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgUAHee

Electrical
Aug 17, 2005
Have an issue connecting an Ultra-wideband radio which broadcasts position tables to 3 other similar radios, using UDP. Aside from this, basically all I am trying to do is create a socket on my local host (PC) with a port of 19842, bind to it, then connect this socket to the radio's ip address and port (19843). The radio creates a UDP socket and binds it to this port (19843). The PC's UDP socket is used to send/receive UDP commands to the radio's port ID 19843. I have functional code using the free pnet function, but I am looking to replace this with the Instrument Control Toolbox. My code in pnet:

% Create and bind to the socket
% If the socket is already created then close it first
if exist('sock')
pnet(sock,'close');
end

%creates the socket and binds it to port 19842
sock = pnet('udpsocket', 19842);

%connects radio_ip_addr and port 19843 to the above socket
pnet(sock,'udpconnect',radio_ip_addr,19843);

There is other code as well (this is actually in a gui). We have a function behind a gui button for connection (where we specify the radio_ip_addr value and send a connect command via socket). This code works with pnet, but not very efficiently. This is why we are looking for an alternative. Using the ICT I was thinking something like this:

if exist('sock')
pnet(sock,'close');
end

sock = udp('radio_ip_addr', 'RemotePort', 19843, LocalPort',19842);

fopen(sock);

simple as that (or so I thought). Matlab kicks me an error message stating that the network address is already in use. Please help me if you can. Thanks

Also, for a little info on the pnet commands used, see --

Also, to see a full version of the GUI code, see the pdf attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back