Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Matlab MEX Compiler Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

agaz1985

Computer
Jun 21, 2007
IT
I'm developing a MatLab toolbox about stereopsis, In order to compute the disparity map given two stereo images I need to use the Birchfield-Tomasi algorithm included in the OpenCV libraries. I have created a folder with all header files needed to compile the cvdpstereo.cpp file, but when I try to run the MEX compiler an error occurs :

>> mex cvdpstereo.cpp
Error cvdpstereo.cpp: .\cxtypes.h: 300 compiler error in _kids--Bad rule number 0

C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2007\BIN\MEX.PL: Error: Compile of 'cvdpstereo.cpp' failed.

??? Error using ==> mex at 206
Unable to complete successfully.

Can anyone help me please? :(

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm confused. The Matlab compiler is C, not C++

TTFN

FAQ731-376

Given the "\" directory separator this is Windoze. That means MEX may use one of many compilers (Borland, Watcom, Intel, MSVC++, lcc, ...). If it's MSVC++ then C++ source code can be used. If lcc, only C can be used. Unfortunately I can't comment on any of the others.

(I don't see the relevance of "The Matlab compiler" though in the context of building MEX files.)

Sorry, but I'm newbie about MEX-File so I tried to compile the cvdpstereocorrisp.ccp directly :S Reading the documentation about mex files I have solved the problem writing a C file containing the mexFuction(...) instead of main(...),calling cvdpstereocorrisp function in MEX-File and compiling all via Visual C++ IDE (not via Matlab). Now all works perfectly, I have my MEX file that computes the disparity map. :D Thanks for yours suggests !!!!

Matlab has a built-in compiler, lcc, which is the default. You have to specifically change the settings to use a different compiler.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back