Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

matweb material properties ans solidworks simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

aroundhere

Petroleum
Sep 21, 2006
US
We upgraded to Sworks Premium, so I now can do static tests with assemblies from what I understand. Any link or tutorial that runs thru the different features and how to use compared to simulation express would be appreciated. Now, my question...I see that MATWEB has a way to export materials properties and import them directly into sworks. Has anyone used the MATWEB material data this way and imported the data into sworks? If so, does it work correctly and do the specs seem to be correct? I just wanted to know before paying for the MATWEB membership.

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You are only doing linear analysis so there are only a couple of material properties you need. Just create a new material and use the values from MatWeb for free. What type of materials do you use and in what temperature range? You can usually use a couple of material types for all your work.

Have a look on the knowledge base for any companion guides. Solidworks also has built in tutorials, Help -> SolidWorks Tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back