Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Maximum Acceptable Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shibuz

Chemical
Apr 12, 2001
US
I am interested in finding a table or some information on the maximum acceptable limit of certain chemicals before corrosion. Specifically, I am looking for the limit on H2S, CO2, DO, PH etc...before an alloy could start corroding. I work in a downhole pump manufacturing company, and I need this info almost on a day to day basis.
I appreciate the help.
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is the books that you need:

Corrosion Resistance Tables, Fourth Edition, 3-Volume Set

Edited by P.A. Schweitzer

This new fourth edition is the indispensable guide for materials, corrosion, chemical, industrial, plant, construction, mechanical, maintenance, civil, environmental, metallurgical, plastics, product development, and packaging engineers, as well as upper-level undergraduate and graduate students in these disciplines. Illustrating corrosion as a function of temperature as well as concentration, this fourth edition arranges the nearly 800 tables alphabetically, lists chemical synonyms and trademarks, and furnishes cross references for generic and trade names.

1995 by Marcel Dekker, 7-1/4" x 10-1/4", hardbound, 3,256 pages, tables, and appendices, ISBN 0-8247-9590-3 (Part A), ISBN 0-8247-9591-1 (Part B), ISBN 0-8247-9641-1 (Part C).

Intra-Library loan is the way to go to check them out otherwise be prepared to spend $500 - $600 for this set.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back