Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MBA online 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

liberoSimulation

Chemical
Jul 11, 2005
GB
Does anyone get MBA degree online?
Dose is it help in grade promotion?
Which universities u recommend that have good rank worldwide, fees are not expensive, pogramm is not long and easy to take online?

I am a senior process eng. (with MS degree in Chemical Eng.) and looking after MBA degree.

Cheers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

From talking with friends who've done MBAs via contact and via online (usually through geographical necessity), I think you'd get a lot more out of it if you did it via contact coursework.

Also, why look for a course that's 'not long' and 'easy'? It's not just the postnominals you should be interested in but the knowledge content of the course.

I got mine the traditional way, just some of it part time.

I have a friend who did one on line.

The big difference is that in the traditional way you get the socialization with others that you will miss on line. You meet other people and have lots of informal discussions and get a lot of other viewpoints on all issues. The ability to give up the linear thinking of an engineer and think in a broader multi faceted manner is what an MBA is all about.

Some on line MBA’s get around this with technology or mandatory residence conferences but this is not as good as the traditional method in fostering these relationships.

Having said that if you circumstances are such that its on line or nothing then take it on line, you are seldom asked where the MBA came from.

Rick Kitson MBA P.Eng

Construction Project Management
From conception to completion

Part of my masters program was on-line and about 3/4 classroom. RDK is correct to a point on the socialization/networking aspect but my online classes had members from Philadelpha to San Diego so I got a much broader perspective than brick-and-mortar only. I think the value to two types of exposure depends on the subject. Marketing and risk management seemed more adapted to online while project systems and statistics worked better for me in the classroom. Then again, maybe it was the stop at Hooters after stats that made it more agreeable.

Griffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back