Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MDT Views, Exporting to 2D IGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusMc

Automotive
May 14, 2003
CA
I’ve created a MDT drawing with MDT views including sections. Now I need to output the drawing for my customer, they have requested IGES. No problem right ! I’ll just IGESOUT . But I loose a lot of the drawing when I do this.

What’s going on, and how do I send just the drawing. I don’t want to have to send my 3D model as it’s massive. Can this be done ??

In other words, I’d like to output the drawing in 2D iges.

--
Angus
angusmcbagpipe@hotmail.com
/
0///
<Io>
/_\
ii

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

can you not export your views using the amviewout/export option on the drawing menu, then open it as modelspace and save it as an Iges?. I Know this works.

A lot of packages still do not understand the concept of paper/modelspace - only modelspace. I dont know if there is a reason why it shouldnt work as you have said, or a better way than what I reckon.

Come to think about it, in your export iges file dialog box, I think there is an 'options' button where you can select whether you want to export paper or modelspace or both. I'll have to check.

Cheerio,

Sirius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back