Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

measure tool, sw api

Status
Not open for further replies.

seedie54

Automotive
Dec 16, 2001
AU
Hello again

I have a sketch in which i want to get the GLOBAL coordinates of a point. The skecth position within 3d changes with different configurations (design table). So in one configuration, the sketch is say 3 metres from the origin and another it is 5 metres... etc.

At the moment, using the getSelectedObject3 method for the point, the returned value for x, y, z are referenced to the SKETCH ORIGIN, not the global origin. When the Measure tool is used (manually) though, it returns what i want - GLOBAL COORDS for the point, in 3d space.

So, im currently doing a lot of trigonometry lets say :) (relating sketch origin to global origin etc)

Does API allow access to the measure tool, and its results?

Thanks

Seedie54

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The closest thing that I can find is the ToolsDistance method. I have not used this so I do not have a sample for you. DimensionalSolutions@Core.com
While I welcome e-mail messages, please post all thread activity in these forums for the benefit of all members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back