Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MEASUREMENT IN E-DRAWING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ved,

What version of E-Drawings do you have? The measure command is only an option in E-Drawings Professional not the standard free version. If you have E-Drawings Professional there should be measure icon similiar to what it looks like in SWx.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 2.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

"There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea" Bernard-Paul Heroux

eDrawing Pro only appears to measure hole diameters, line lengths, angles & point to point distances ... not arc length. In fact, it appears that arcs are converted to short line segments.

[cheers]
Making the best use of this Forum. faq559-716
How to get answers to your SW questions. faq559-1091
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of. faq559-520

vedprakash,

You can take radius and diameter measurements in e-Drawings. However, you must have e-Drawings Pro, as Heckler said. Also, if you were not the person who created the e-Drawings file, the file needs to have been saved with the "Measure Enabled" option checked. And finally, I can only get the Measure command to work in the full UI; the simplified UI doesn't allow me to take measurements.

I hope that helps...

i have e-drawing pro and I created the e-drawing with 'measure enable' option checked.i got the measure command also in full UI, but i could not able to measure the radius of an arc where as i can measure the diameter of the hole/boss provided the hole/boss is straight.In case i try to pick the arc or the edge of the tapered hole/boss it picks the line segment instead of the arc/diameter.

I have the same observation which CorBlimeyLimey has.

Regards
ved prakash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back