Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Measuring an angle in SolidWorks model 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your question is a little vague - but try this:

The measure tool will give you the angle - but there is a quicker way. If you click on two planar surfaces, the status bar at the bottom of your screen should provide an angle. This also works with two linear lines or edges.

Fixturedesign -

Do you know if this started at a particular SW version, or if there is a control to turn this off, which I may have inadvertently turned selected?

I use SW2010, have View->StatusBar checked, but I can't recall ever seeing any information pop up down there. I am very interested because this sounds useful and convenient.

Also, in what instances will the measure tool return an angle? On occasion I've selected noncoplanar surfaces or noncollinear edges, in hopes that it will return an angle, but never have I achieved said result.

Also, in what instances will the measure tool return an angle? On occasion I've selected noncoplanar surfaces or noncollinear edges, in hopes that it will return an angle, but never have I achieved said result.

Have you also selected planes/lines that are non-parallel?

I have no idea what version this started. I often use the measure tool as there is more complete information. But for basic line length, line to line distance, point to point distance, face to face distance ... the status bar is a handy quick reference.

To display or hide the status bar: Click View, Status Bar. I'm not aware of any way to toggle specific features off/on. Also read the help file for more tidbits about features in the status bar. If I'm not mistaken, the units & precision displayed are taken from the measure command interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back