Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mechanical Desktop 6 Parts Lists 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pal00

Mechanical
Jan 9, 2003
CA
Hi,
I have a large assembly that I want to include a parts list for. My assy has about 100 items. When the part list comes in, it just builds itself straight up past the drawing border.

The Question; How can I split the part list into several smaller lists on the same sheet, and still keep the item numbers incremental?

Thanks Tons
Pal

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You may want to look into creating a custom parts list. If you go under actions and then Mechanical Options, select Parts Lists. There will be a tab that has the custom parts list selection available.

I believe you have to make a block of the shape you want first. I haven't done this yet, but it doesn't look to terribly difficult.

The only other thing I can think of is to make your parts list and then explode it to allow you to edit it and move portions around. Not the best option, especially if things are going to change.

I got this from a subscriber Kent; This worked very well.
Thanks to Kent
Paul

Ampartlist
right click in the filter box and select add filter
Select Custom and OK
Select Item in the first,
Less than or equal to in the second
Put in a value in the third... i.e. if you are splitting 100 rows into 4 lists, put in 25
Make sure the Custom has a check next to it.
OK to place

Run ampartlist again
Add two custom filters... first Less than or equal to 50 second greater than 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back