Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Mechanical Door Bell without electromagnet coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruti Verma

Mechanical
Sep 18, 2019
IN
I want to design a ding-dong door bell without electromagnet coil and don't want to use EMF for power source. I am looking for any mechanical alternative method to crack this. Pleaee support and give your suggestions/feedbacks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanx for your suggestion #3DDAVE.
I am looking for some solution not this advice. And yes you can communicate over long distances via email and posts which we were doing in earlier times. But i appreciate your idea of time machine, will think upon this.

Always happy to help in accordance with the pay. "INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS FOR ENGINEERING PROFESSIONALS" is the motto, not do assignments for students. There is a separate forum for that, kind of.

Why would a Power Supply and Electronic Component Design forum seem like the right place to ask about not using any of those concepts?

Also, hashtags don't work here.

You might be able to construct something that is pneumatic.

If you look at the standard Ding-Dong doorbell, it's made with two tubular cylinder bells. Between them is a spring-loaded solenoid so that when the current passes through it hits one bell, and when the current stops (finger comes off the doorbell switch) the spring drives the solenoid back into the other bell.

Now imagine a large push-button that compresses air. Add a small tube from that to a modified door bell with the solenoid replaced with some kind of small spring-loaded pneumatic actuator. Actually the entire system might be a modified dashpot connected by a tube to another modified dashpot.

I used to throw change at my girlfriend's window so as not to wake her parents. How about a bicycle horn with the bulb at the door and the reed and trumpet inside, all connected by a hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back