Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Medical Device continuous glucose monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

avinstaller

Electrical
Oct 9, 2011
I am make trying to make a device that will read the signal from the transmitter and send it to a smart phone via bluetooth.Then have a app that would notify a family member via a email ,or text or phone call that the persons blood sugar is low.

i dont want to affect the signal between the transmitter and the monitor

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Such devices (and the accompanying smartphone apps) are already widely available.

Googling: blood glucose bluetooth meter
...leads to 593,000 hits.

All of the apps i read involve using a glucose meter.I want to use the contiuous meter that a diabetic wears .Then when the diabetic sugar goes low the phone app would recognize this and call a family member and alert them the person is low

Sorry, I missed the word "continuous" in the thread title. Best to make your question self-contained and complete in the body of the thread. Some of us have very short attention spans. ;-)

You're not the first to think of this. Ford and Medtronic are working on something similar. Also US Patent Application 0110173308 (and MANY others) are all over this topic.

Is this for school? Most people that would be working on such a project wouldn't be asking general questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back