Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

medical gases

Status
Not open for further replies.

kszyho100

Mechanical
Oct 27, 2004
PL
Hi

Where I can find on the internet information about designing medical gases systems, or maybe anyone could recommend a book?

Chris

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

kszyho100:

CRG is correct and giving you the right path. I was involved in producing,distributing, and installing the facilities for these gases in the Caribbean and in South America for some years. My recommendations (if you are going to be in the business) is to become a member of the CGA and purchase their flagship book: "Handbook of Compressed Gases". In it, you'll quickly be oriented with the criteria and the subject matter involved in applying medical gases.

You're going to need background preparation to get into the meat of the subject. For example, you'll need a complete understanding of cryogenics and the methods used to distribute and apply the cryogens safely. You'll also need some detailed background in compressible gas flow and measurement. I don't think you can afford to be without this book throroughly read and understood if you are going to be associated with Medical Gases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back