Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merge/Convert assembly to part

Status
Not open for further replies.

jepp

Industrial
Aug 21, 2006
NO
Hi - I am a new user of Pro E and have a question I think and hope should be easy to answer. I would like to merge/join a couple of parts into one. The part is to be injection moulded - and will be made as one part even tough i modelled it in many parts. Now I want to use the Round Tool on it all together.
Have tryed to save the assembly as *.stl - but then I loose the possibility to Round?

jepp

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Edit>component operations> merge.
choose first component to merge with and then the components to merge. You will have all the components joined to the first component you chose.

Joe Borg

Thank you. But the parts I want to join are in a way the same part - just saved with different names. I seems that this is a problem. Here at my part time job I am working on Wildfire 1 - might be an idea to get Wildfire 2?

Edit> operations>merge>
->Select parts to perform MERGE process to.
(I choose both parts and OK)
->Select reference parts for MERGE process.
(I am choosing the biggest part, is this wrong?)

Anyway - the messege I then receive is:
Parts cannot be merged. They are the same or already merged through other parts.

->Select parts to perform MERGE process to
- select just one of the parts
->Select reference parts for MERGE process
- select the other part

The first part will now contain the merge of the two parts.

Alternatively, assemble an empty part into the assembly, and select this as the "part to perform MERGE process to", then select the other two parts as "reference parts"

The new part will now contain the merge of the first two parts.

A question along the same line . I have a 3d model (.prt) that has geometry - say 300 features. from default datum to mirroring. This is my goal. I need to copy the entire parametric file (tree contants) into a new startup model. This is my problem. The old data is in a old startup model (the layers are screwed up)into new customer startup model. Can anyone advise me.
Thanks TExaspete

Create a User Defined Feature of every feature after the default datum planes. Now create a new part with your new start part and apply the User Defined Feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back