Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mesh-to-mesh solution mapping via python script

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowglow

Mechanical
Apr 30, 2014
FR
Hello everyone.

I have a question concerning "Mesh-to-mesh solution mapping". In the Abaqus manual it is clearly explained how to do remeshing, using "Mesh-to-mesh solution mapping". There are even two examples can be found. However, all examples are based on using of .inp files. The only thing I could find on python is importing of a deformed mesh from .odb file. So finally I can write a script, which will deform the original geometry up to some level, after import this deformed geometry, make remeshing, continue deformation process... But how to make connection between results from first calculation and a starting point for new calculation of remeshed geometry (it is done by *MAP SOLUTION in inp-file notation)?

I've got used to write scripts on python (and I like the idea of using .py scripts more because of its flexibility), so I hope there is a possibility to do it somehow.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

*MAP SOLUTION keyword is not support by Abaqus/CAE. It means there is also no methods related to this option in Abaqus scripting interface (API).
Workaround can be add keyword to inputdeck via "33.2 KeywordBlock object".
I think it is also possible setup whole inp file, save it to disc with API and next use python script
to add missing lines with *MAP SOLUTION keyword and then submit modified inputdeck to analysis.

Regards,
Bartosz

VIM filetype plugin for Abaqus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back