Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meshing an orphan part

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmg

Bioengineer
Nov 22, 2007
CA
Hi all,

I have 29 orphan parts that I've imported from Mimics (.inp files). I'd like to know how to mesh these parts using the Mesh module. When I try to use 'Mesh -> Part' it says an orphan part can only be modified with the 'Edit Mesh Toolkit'. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Max

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Abaqus does not allow me to create Independent instances on the orphan meshes I've imported. So I have 29 Dependent instances. It says in the user manual I should be able to mesh the Dependent instances; however, when I do try to abaqus returns 'Dependent part instances cannot be edited or assigned mesh attributes'.

Anyone know a way around this?

Thanks,
Max

Is it possible to extract/convert to 3D geometry from an orhpan mesh? How do I proceed with the analysis if I cannot mesh an orphan part?

Thanks,
Max

I am still very new to this program so I don't know if this will work but could you use "Part2DGeomFrom2DMesh" to convert the mesh to a new part?

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back