Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meshing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahfa

Mechanical
Apr 28, 2012
AU
Hi all,

I am new to Ansys. I am trying to a modal analysis on a piping system. Got a step file. After simplifying the geometry and applying the contraints (few fixed supports and applying couple of couplings). When I am solving the model (Solid) after meshing (auto)
The solver goes on an and on and when I am doing it in parts it solves (still takes long time) but give warning "At least one body has been found to have only 1 element in at least 2 directions along with reduced integration. This situation can lead to invalid results .Consider doing changing to full integration elemnt control or or meshing with more elements"
I dont know how to do it in workbench. Total Elements in full model:411177
I have also applied thermal condition of 200dec c. I am not sure but this may cause solver to run forever. Please experts reply.
any help would be much appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try setting the software to use higher degree elements by going to

Mesh -> Advanced -> Element Midside Nodes

And setting it to "ON"

See attached image.

Also, I know you did not ask but your mesh seems to be over refined in some places, that is probably why it is taking so long to solve the problem.

Regards

MSc Carlos Simoes
Mechanical Engineer

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=09054264-4387-42f8-9c60-e77fa8cd03e0&file=Midside_Node.tiff
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back