Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meshing of muscle attachment sites 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPMC86

Bioengineer
Oct 1, 2014
GB
Hi everyone,

I'm very new to FE analysis. I am trying to conduct an FE analysis on a human femoral bone in Abaqus. I have downloaded the IGES file of the muscle standardized femur from biomedtown and intend to use it for my analysis.

The iges file of the femur already comes with the muscle attachment sites defined and visible. In order to conduct my analysis (which involves muscle induced loads) I want to first mesh the muscle attachment sites and then mesh the femur bone. In this way the muscle attachment sites will be clearly identifiable for prescribing loads to elements lying in those areas. I am able to mesh the entire bone with a tet mesh no problem but do no know how to mesh the attachment sites individually first.

So my question is this... 1). How do I select just the muscle attachment sites to mesh first? Do I do this through some sort of partitioning process?

Cheers,

Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi everyone,

Managed to work it out. Just a case of meshing by region and defining the regions of muscle attachment manually. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back