Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Metal mesh ceiling with Fabric baffles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangesh.M

Mechanical
May 30, 2024
IN
The architect proposed to hang perforated metal mesh tiles 8" below the slab. Multiple vertical fabric baffles are attached to these metal mesh tiles extending up to 14" below the ceiling. Attached herewith is its section & plan for a better understanding
My Questions,

1)Which ceiling criteria should I apply here? It does not meet the requirements of the Open Grid ceiling (NFPA 13_2016_8.15.14), It has only 8" above the ceiling. Also, it does not fall under the criteria of cloud ceiling.

2) I have proposed upright heads above the ceiling to protect the space above the ceiling & the fabric ceiling baffles. Proposed pendent heads below the ceiling (12" below the ceiling). Requested architect to restrict the depth of fabric baffles to 12" below the ceiling to avoid obstruction. I have doubt on the activation of the pendent head located below the ceiling since the ceiling tiles are perforated. Any suggestions on this proposed protection?
3) Does the space between the fabric baffles will be considered as ceiling pockets?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4bd642ee-df9b-4584-9eca-760cb569d063&file=ceiling_plan_&_section.pdf
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back