Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Method to determine temperature compensation of magmeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcmac21

Industrial
Jan 4, 2011
US
I ahev a test loop that I am trying to determine accurate flow rate of liquid sodium in loop. I made the magmeter and it outputs millivolt signal. I have purchase GE ultrasonic flow meter to calibrate my magmeter. I need to calibrate 200, 325 and 450C flow curves. I am done with 200C but to do 325C I am sure I will have some signal loss. My issue is GE ultrasonic flow meter stops function at high flow and high temp. It is rated for it and tech can not figure out why. I need to complete this task and now I do not have a second meter to measure flow. I can apply my calibrated number to millivolt to come up[ with value but it needs some type of temperature compensation. I am looking for any idea's from someone that has tried to apply compensation to flow rate before. I am just stumped right now.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

there is little temperature compensation required for the Na properties but the diameter of your meter does change... you do have to correct for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back