Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Metric Dimensions using AMSI Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdobert

Mechanical
Nov 8, 2000
US
I cannot figure out how to assign millimeter (Metric) units using the ANSI Standard to dimension my drawing. I have tried to create a custom dim style but cannot figure out how to select it. When i close the Dim style dialog box the settings revert back to standard ANSI inch units. I am usine Inventor V4.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I haven't looked at R4 in a long time, but you should be able to use the menu Format> Dimension Styles... to bring up a dialog. The usual selection is Default-ANSI unless you've set it to something else.
Create a new dimension style by clicking new, providing a new name, and setting the options the way you want them to be. Especially the units you want to use. Then, Save it.
Now go to Format > Standards > Dimension Styles tab and set the style to the one you just made. It seems to me there is a dimension style called ANSI MM available already. If so, you can adjust it to be the way you want.

Bear in mind... since I haven't looked at R4 in a long time its possible these options are not all in R4, and are in R5 instead. My apologies if that proves to be the case.
Bogie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back