Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Metric Thredolet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

montealvoj19

Mechanical
Jun 21, 2013
Hello,

We are building a prover for a customer in Russia and they are wanting metric thredolets.

Here's what he wants. M27 X 2 THREDOLET 3000# FS ASTM A 105. I am having a hard time finding a vendor in Houston Texas and I was wondering if any of you have a vendor or source where I can buy this Thredolet any help will help.

Thanks for any help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Why do you need to get it in Houston?

This is what the internet and air freight was invented for.

There are many suppliers in the Uk or Europe who you can pay over the phone and will send it express delivery air freight. Ok it may be a bit more than getting it loosely, but you're running out of suppliers and wasting more time than a simple fitting is worth.

My motto: Learn something new every day

Also: There's usually a good reason why everyone does it that way

Can you modify (by boring and tapping) a 6000 lb or 9000 lb sockolet made for smaller pipe?

All of the potential liability for failure of a modified or home-made fitting is going to fall on you; will it be possible to hydrotest this?

Try promat bd (they even have an office in Houston) or pipe-fittings.co.uk

My motto: Learn something new every day

Also: There's usually a good reason why everyone does it that way

I don't think you'll find a 27 x 2.00 Threadolet. I am saying this not because I am very familiar with these things, but because it is my understanding that these are commonly used for pipe thread connections and the metric equivalent would be e.g. G-3/4". With a straight metric thread you would have to use other methods to seal the thread, for instance o-rings, washers or fittings with a cutting edge on the bottom of the nut that cuts into the lower fitting for sealing - meaning the face of the Threadolet would have to be carefully machined to provide a sealing surface and/or a chamfer for the o-ring.

Well I got a response from pipe fittings Uk, they don't stock it. But they are able to make it. Also I found a source in Houston that can make it,i have no other choices at this time. Thanks for all the help

Hi,

Anyone can help me to understand and get the dimensions for Threadolet #9000? I don't know what is the diference between 6000# and 9000#.

Luís Grácio
Mechanical Engineer (Engineering Solutions)
Portugal-Setúbal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back