Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mexican Codes (CFE) spreadsheets and softwares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kpizzle

Structural
Mar 6, 2022
US
Hello civil/structural engineers...

We are currently working on an Oil n Gas facility in Mexico, and I am in search of any software or excel spreadsheets that I can purchase, to help aide in the engineering of our foundations for the project. This is my first international project, and first to be located in Mexico. The local code that we are to abide by, is the Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE).

I am accustomed to using ASCE 7 type spreadsheets to help capture wind/seismic loads for design of structures, foundations, etc.; in conjunction with softwares for the American Codes. I am looking for the equivalent type spreadsheets/softwares to purchase, that are specific to the CFE.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction of where I could potentially purchase those type spreadsheets? I'm having the hardest time finding anything. Your help is much appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How does the CFE differ from ASCE? Can you use an ASCE spreadsheet and modify it to bring it into compliance?

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

@ dik

Both the seismic and wind codes are different, and specific to local Mexico. The concepts are the same, yes, but I don't necessarily have the time to modify the ASCE spreadsheets to adapt to the CFE codes. I was hoping to find something similar to the ASCE 7 type spreadsheets, but that is specific to the CFE already.

Is there a source of spreadsheets in Mexico? a local (or loco) website or possibly some student/university work being done?

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

Thats what I'm searching for. I can find softwares and spreadsheets for British, Euro, American, Indian, etc....but am having the hardest time locating things, based on the CFE Mexican codes. This is so frustrating :(

You may have to modify the spreadsheets to be compliant, or talk to the AHJ to see if they will accept a different code. I suspect that all codes will give you a correct solution.

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back