Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micrologic SE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vov4agius

Electrical
Oct 26, 2022
RU
In Micrologic specification inverse characteristic for long-time overcurrent is represented by function I2t. All tripping curves for Micrologic illustrated on logarithmic scale. If i am not mistaken on logarithmic scale function I2t must be linear, but in Micrologic specification it does not linear. Could anyone explain please why this function I2t on logarithmic scale is not linear?
picture_jupthg.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The I2T function is simply a modification of the short-time trip function which is normally a definite time delay (I2t OFF). It only changes the short-time trip function. The main benefit of the I2t ON setting is to better coordinate with downstream fuses. Turning it on can increase arc-flash duration and incident energy. It's basically a straight diagonal line over the applicable range of current. This looks pretty much like everyone's I2t function. Regardless, the manufacturer's published TCC is what you have to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back