Microseconds delay 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisif

Electrical
Feb 25, 2006
DE
Hi guys!
I'm trying to find a solution for this problem I have, and I hope someone here might have come across such a situation and wants to share his/her experience. This is it:
I have a train of 10-40 pulses of 2-4 MHz coming from a source. I want to delay this train by 10-20 µs. There are solutions for a single pulse, but not for a train, that I could find so far. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any input!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, they are! I know about them... They are good to delay one pulse, or several, if they come at intervals longer than the delay. As I've mentioned, I have a train/burst of pulses, at intervals of ~0,5µs, so much shorter than the wanted delay. And I want to have the same train at the output, obviously!
Thanks anyway!

Looks like the old-fashioned way - with new tech. Get around 299 meters of optical fiber for each microsecond and subtract off the transmitter and receiver delays.

There are a couple of circuit-based options
> simpler, brute force -- shift register clocked at maximum data rate, so need about 100 bits; this could possibly be done in an FPGA
> more complex -- clock data into buffer, delay by required time, clock back out; also FGPA, but less registers required and state machine needed

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Thanks guys!
@3DDave: even if I had a few kilometers of optical fiber laying around, I would find something better to do with it... Good one, anyway! [smile]
@IRstuff: even a simpler CPLD would be overkill, for several reasons. A FPGA doesn't come into discussion. I was looking for a much simpler solution and I thought I'm just not seeing it... It looks like there is nothing to see!...
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back