Microstation text problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjsatfjs

Structural
Nov 16, 2010
GB
Hello,
I am using Powerdraft xm and I haven't had any problems till now... We have our own fonts set up but Something has changed and now and, no matter if I use our function key to generate text or the one which is in a software, the text is faint and very thin. What is more you cannot edit it nor change itsattributes. When I try to reset text styles the first text I insert is okay and I can edit it. But when I want to add some more text it defaults to something completely different... There is nothing wrong with configuration file. It started on one of the drawings but now even if I create a new file I still have the problem. I cannot even use a 'match text attributes tool..'
Can somebody help me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

mjsatfjs,
that does sound like a strange problem. Are you trying to change just one part of the text string to make it different or the entire text string? The only thing I can think of is to see if you have "Apply changes to all text" checked ON in the tool settings window. If you check that OFF you should be able to change part of the text string attributes.
See image.

Training | Consulting | Programming
Facebook: Twitter: Youtube:

mechamb,
It is when I try to change the whole string. The problem is only with one machine, using the same set up as all the others in the office, using the same text styles.. I tried this ON/OFF option before and nothing has changed.. The strange thing is that even if I open previous drawings I still cannot generate the proper text. I can only copy one which is correct and edit it to suit... It is frustrating. I think I will end up reinstalling the program because of a little glitch...

mjsatfjs, if the reinstall of MicroStation does not help. Then I would look at the operating system of the computer and find out what is different. There have been issues with text and MicroStation text editors that were caused by not having the proper drivers installed on a computer.

For example:

The referring becommnuities link:

Let me know how it goes.
Bob Mecham

Training | Consulting | Programming
Facebook: Twitter: Youtube:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back