Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mid nodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

markborges

Mechanical
Nov 26, 2003
US
Hi all. I hava a very basic question about ANSYS 11.0. How do you tell if your elements have mid nodes? I did not do the model and it was meshed as a "hex dominant" mesh. I am comparing this model w/. I under stand that ANSYS plots results based on the "integration points of the elements"; but, I'm not sure this is telling me anything about midnodes.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you using workbench? It sounds like you are if you are using the "hex dominant" option.
If so, open your model in the FE Environment module (under the project tab with the Simulation file selected) and it will give you much more information as to the types of elements the mesher has used.

hmmm.. not quite sure how to navigate through this FE Module, (looks like the old ansys to me).

Just looking at the mesh properties in under the simulation tab indicates that "Element midside nodes" are "kept". This tells me what I need to know.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back