Migrate file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nam Dao

Mechanical
Jan 5, 2021
US
Hello all,

I have some I-deas/solidworks drawing files need to migrate into NX. However, these drawing files already have borders, title block that have been created in I-deas/solidworks. Are these borders and title block transferring to NX in some sort of lines or text? If yes, is there a way to avoid them transferring to NX?

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I assume the border and title block did import as curves and text, and can be deleted if not wanted.
I do not believe there is a way to avoid them be transferred to NX.
If you are having problems deleting the imported border and title block then let us know.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

Hi guys,

I am trying to import I-deas files through CMM tool( content migration manager). Do you guys have any idea how to tight a custom template into CMM tool so that when I migrate I-deas files to NX it will automatically use our company template?

There was a very big effort from Siemens way back when UGS and SDRC merged to migrate data from I-Deas to NX.
NX3 was the "big migration release" where that software should have been in place. - but as always, the success of the migration depends on that the original data is perfect, and that is "a completely different question" :)

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

@Nam Dao There should be CMM options, I assume you using the CMM through Teamcenter. If you look into the options, you can specify the templates to be used during the CMM migrations. There is a lot of options, and there should be an instruction guide to explain them all. It can get confusing quickly.

The drawing borders will be migrated across on their original layers so it should be easy to identify them. Most entity types will remain the same in the migrated drawing, including symbols.

It's been a while since I've done migration but check the settings to see if you can exclude layers to remove the borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back