Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mini flow divider source

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamPorter

Mechanical
Apr 13, 2010
US
I am looking for a small flow divider for a piece of test equipment. Also corrosion resistant materials are a must.

The goal is to split a 40 psi supply line (<1gpm) of surface disinfectant (lysol, clorox, etc) evenly between 4 spray nozzels. Currently i am using a needle valve in each of the 4 branches to balance the flow, and maybe this is the best way.

Any idea of who makes a flow divider for this application, or other ideas to solve my problem?

Thanks for your time!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

They make flow dividers for the energy market. Their products are much too big for what you are looking for but it can be worth to give them a call and ask them. If they cannot make the business, they will hopefully tell you who make such small flow dividers. At least that's what I do when we do not manufacture what the client is looking for.

Your needle valve arrangement is the best way to split the flow of one pump to 4 lines/nozzles as long as you do not have a small flow divider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back