Minitab experiment question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderspeed

Mechanical
Aug 8, 2014
EG
Hi ,
What if I want to conduct a fractional factorial 2^13-5 experiment with minitab , I mean its a 2^13 and i want to make it a fractional factorial of V resolution so it will be 2^13-5 = 2^8 ,,,, can this ever be done with minitab ? can you recommend another software name that can do such experiment
Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you greg , I'm trying to figure out how to do this with matlab know (it might be a bit complex since I'm not a major in statistics).
This step has already been done , they were even more and got down to 13

I'd like to clarify more what I want to do :

- All main factors were as I mentioned before 13 - 5 = 8 , and the number of two factor interactions of interest are 11 . The rest of 2 factors interactions and all 3 factor interactions and above are negligible .

- My concern is to follow the same method exactly as in a researcher's paper so I can check the validity of an analytical equation . ie : I must use the exact method mentioned .

- The result equation is something like :
a = (alpha0) + (alpha1 * r )+ (alpha2 * t )+ (alpha3 * y )+ (alpha1 * u)+ (alpha1 * p)+.............+ (alpha1 * ry )+ (alpha1 * ru )+ (alpha1 * pz )+.....

my goal is to come out with the constants alpha0 , alpha 1 , ... till alpha 19
using the same method (fractional factorial of 2^13-5 = 2^8 , V resolution) using minitab .

Your explanation confuses me. That being said I don't do the funky super detailed designs, my time is worth more than the computers, so if it takes another couple of days to run a less efficient but more robust experiment that is fine by me, the computer runs, I do other things.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back