Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mirroring ProE Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhyder

Mechanical
Apr 22, 2005
US
I need some help and suggestions...

I have been put in charge of finding a way to mirror all of the company's ProE files from the central server to a local server in order to speed up part download times. I have decided to go ahead and setup a new rack mount RAID server to store the files, but I'm not sure what software I need to use to keep the files synchronized. I figure we need to have the central server taking care of the synchronizing, otherwise my local server will be sucking alot of bandwidth just snooping around looking for files that have been changed. In other words, we need the central server to push the updated files to my local server about every 10-15 minutes.

Does anyone know what software I could do this with? I was thinking of something similar to rsync, but I don't know if the central server is running Unix.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you using Intralink to manager your files? If so, there is a replication system built-in.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back