Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing bodies in solidworks HLR veiws

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokensteve

Mechanical
Oct 2, 2014
AU
Hi
Just letting any of you know about a problem I have been having,

If any of you have been having issues with a software glitch SW-2011-2012 where in drawing views HLR-Multibody, some of your bodies wont show. I just found out why.

This is not user error (eg hide bodies selected) it is a software glitch.
Situation
If you have an assembly with multibodies in the assembly,
I use insert to new part, multiple bodies and have multiple display states to show only the body I want - this way I get correct qtys in BOM.
There are 2 fixes one is better than the other
You can select the option to have display states relevant to configurations, and it will stop the bodies disappearing, this is only good if you don't need this function.

The best solution is to rename your display states for the inserted bodies, ie inserted part # is Part12-2,(part 12 being the master body, and 2 being the inserted body number) then rename each display state to display state 2-1, 2-2, 2-3 etc and your bodies will appear properly.

The reason the bodies were disappearing was that the multibodies display states were all named the same and it confused the software somehow

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back