Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Open Dialogue Box Acad 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusN

Structural
Oct 12, 2010
CA
I've come across an issue I can't seem to resolve. I'm using Full AutoCAD 2007 and when I use the FILE > OPEN command it acts like the dialogue box is open but I can't see it on either screen. I can not select any other option from autoCAD at this point and when I do try to click a command in autocad I hear the windows critical stop "ding"

Here are some of the steps I've tried:

1. Moved settings and sides for the screens in the ATI control panel.

2. Removed & Reinstalled updated video drivers and ATI control Center.

3. Repaired registry on Acad from Add/Remove

4. Repaired Acad from Add/Remove

5. Uninstalled/Reinstalled Acad

6. Verified FILEDIA is set to 1.

7. Verified CMDDIA is set to 1.

If I try FILE > NEW, NEW SHEET SET, OPEN SHEET SET, all dialogue boxes appear. I'm thinking my next step is to blow away this users profile and start him from scratch but I'd rather see if there's a quicker, more painless for the user solution.

Thanks

Angus

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Change so the main window does not fill the entire screen. Do a File-Open and look for the dialog. Try Alt-Space then M then use your cursor keys to move the dialog a long way in one direction - maybe it will appear. If not, try another direction.

Try this:

Click on File | Open.

Right-click on the Taskbar, click on Cascade Windows.

This should pull your Select File dialog box to the upper left of your screen.

Ralph
Structures Consulting
Northeast USA

Thanks for the ideas, I did try the Alt-Space M with no luck so I just replaced the user profile with a default one and everything worked fine after that. I didn't get a chance to try the cascade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back