Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mixing Simplified Reps and Family Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgallup

Automotive
May 9, 2003
US
Using WF 4

I have always been a big user of family tables. We tend to have multiple component variations in our assemblies and it's so easy to have different instances of components in different instances of assemblies.

Recently I tried using simplified reps for a low level assembly which has worked out well for the drawings up to the level of that assembly. Now I want to add variants of that assembly in an upper level assembly. Normally I would add the generic low level assembly to the family table of the upper level assembly and then for specific instances replace using a family table instance of the low level assembly. I can't do that as in this case, I have no instances, only simplified reps. I don't see any way to use simplified reps in a family table.

Have I totally screwed up mixing family tables and simplified reps? What should I do now?

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back