Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MODAL ANALYSIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibola

Mechanical
Oct 2, 2006
US
Hello

Do you know if it's possible to do a modal analysis in I-deas? (about frequencies and vibrations)

Best regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

you can do modal analysis in I-deas, in a module called simulation. There are many steps you have to do like meshing, applying boundary conditions, creating solution sets and finally solving and viewing the results..

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. What I am looking for is the following:

To measure the vibration of a component with an accelerometer, then to take the data obtained, implement it in I-deas and calculate the modes of vibration (Fouriers Transform)

I know I can model the 3D and from there to do the vibrations calculation. But I want to do it the other way around: To measure the vibrations and to do the post-processing in I-deas. Do you know if it is possible? How can I import the data?

Best regards

yes.. you can measure the vibrations in accelerometer and you can import that data in I-deas as spread sheet format and you can apply those vibrations in FE model.
Better go for some detailed online tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back