Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Model Comparison 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackorsen88

Mechanical
Dec 19, 2014
SI
Hello,

I have a problem. I modelled one part in nx and I sent it to the tool maker and he did some changes on the part. I want to know what the changes are. He said what changes he made, but I need to make sure that he did not leave something out. How is this possible to figure out in NX 11?

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I 2nd cowski's recommendation. I use the model compare function on large, complex models and usually when a customer says something like "There are changes, a lot of them. Just overlay them to see the differences."

Specifically, if you search help for "Perform simple model comparison" that's a great doc which will help you get going on a basic A-B comparison. I recommend trying it exactly like the doc says then play around with options after trying it out because if a setting is amiss you won't get a usable result. The default colors are okay but I like to use a combo like a dark grey for the model and yellow for the differences so the result really stands out.

NX 11.0.2
NX 12.0.2
EAP's and beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back