Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modeling 3D revolved section views 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

41EX

Jun 10, 2014
US
Hello,
I'd like to know if it's possible to create revolved section views in the modeling application?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could by Extruding the section legs as a sheet and using Trim Body, but I don't believe there is a specific command for that.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.3.4 Win7 Pro x64 SP1
Intel Xeon 2.53 GHz 6GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB

Thanks for the tip but I tried something similar (waved the assembly and tried this... however after 30 minutes of waiting NX hadn't finished creating the wave. This is one large assembly!)

Well, knowing all the facts up front helps us help you. Might want to present all the facts in your initial post from now on. I took it that you had a model and wanted to section it - not a large assembly.

But yeah, a large assembly is going to take a while to perform a cut like that. Not sure if PMI would offer up anything simpler, as I don't use it enough to know. Maybe someone else will chime in and offer up a solution.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.3.4 Win7 Pro x64 SP1
Intel Xeon 2.53 GHz 6GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB

Use the Assembly Cut function. You will need an extrusion of your cutting panes...(one single body)

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2
HPZ420 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 32 Gb Win7 64B
Nvidea Quadro4000 2048MB DDR5

HP Zbook15
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4800MQ
CPU @ 2.70 GHz Win7 64b
Nvidia K1100M 2048 MB DDR5

If you have a PMI License, you can creat view specific cuts. First you have to create a new model view. Then you can finde in the context menue of this view a section tool.

Windows 7 64Bit
UG V16 - V18
NX 1 - NX 10

is this a PMI question ?
If not, why do you want to create this thing in modeling ?

I do not know if the PMI views support revolved views. - ( Revolved drawing views would be a bit strange in 3D since they flatten the sections .-They present the cut sections in flat state next to each other. - How would the corresponding 3D look ?)

Else do as Ronald proposes, Use the assembly cut.

Regards,
Tomas

Then again, use the Assembly cut feature.
Or, if you go the path of Wave linking, Note that you do not need to link other pieces than the ones you intend to cut... ( there's no point in wave linking the pieces that should remain uncut.)

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back