Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modeling a greenhouse in Solidworks Flow Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark172

Aerospace
Aug 26, 2008
US
It has been a while since taking any fluids classes (10 years since undergrad), so I'm having some trouble modeling a simple greenhouse for a home project. If anyone here has experience with Solidworks Flow and some fluids knowledge, I bow to your expertise and humbly ask for your assistance!!

I'm trying to see what happens to airflow within my greenhouse. It doesn't actually get much sunlight so I believe most of the air exchange is driven by humidity. I've modeled it in Solidworks as such:

greenhouse_i4qtl0.png

Here are my inputs. General settings: gravity applied. Fluid subdomain (the enclosed volume of the greenhouse): Air, 101325 Pa, 294.2K (1 deg warmer than default), and 100% humidity. All other settings default.
fluid_gsw9wh.png

Boundary Conditions applied at the holes: Static pressure, 101325 Pa, 293.2K, and 0% humidity.
BC_i40ag8.png

So in essence the holes are at 0% humidity and the internal air is at 100% and 1 degree warmer. That's it! But I'm getting some weird results (inflow through the hole on top of 2 m/s!!?). Furthermore, the results vary an unruly amount when I *slightly* tweak the temperature or pressure at either the inlets or the internal air.

Is there something I'm missing? I feel like I'm out of my element here (my expertise is structures and mechanical design).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back