Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MODELING MOVING LOAD WITH ABAQUS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhat165

Structural
Apr 22, 2003
US
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to model a moving wheel load on a surface using abaqus. The problem consists of modeling a tire and surface and proviidng contact between then, while giving tire an initial rotation.

Since modeling a tire with tire pressure itself is a tough job, I tried to get an initial rough model by modeling the system as moving pressure load over a surface. The model is: a pressure load of fine extent is moving at constant speed on a surface. How do I model this in Abaqus? When I give load information in STEP module, I select a region where the laod is acting. But the region will not be fixed, it will change in next time step as the load moves on. How can I model this?

Any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sudip

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You will need two parts to model this using contact between the two. As a first step you could use a rigid region in which to apply the load. The rigid region will have a reference point to which you apply the upward force (if you model the flat surface as rigid) and also to apply a displacement to move it along. Doesn't Abaqus have a special feature for tyres (tires)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back